Informed citizens are a key component in the fight against child abuse. Here is how you can be One With Courage:
- Learn the signs and symptoms of abuse
- Educate others about the signs and symptoms of abuse
- Start a conversation with friends, family, neighbors, religious congregation members and civic organization leaders or members about the signs and symptoms of abuse
- Host a One With Courage Day at your organization to share information about the signs of abuse. Invite the local children’s advocacy center (CAC) to present to your organization to ignite discussion of this issue and to inspire courage
- If you are a member of the media, assist in locating low cost print, radio, television or outdoor advertising space for the purpose of the One With Courage campaign.
- Report abuse when it’s suspected – Contact law enforcement or child protective services to get help.